Monday, September 4, 2023

RE-integrating practices

It seems to me that when you lose your edge on practices that were once common place, it is almost more difficult to re-integrate, or re-establish practices to get you back to a healthy rhythm.

Case in point - a year ago at this time I was biking 100 miles and swimming 2+ miles and running 16+ miles as I was coming to near the end of training for IM Sacramento.  This year I am lucky if I can get that much training done over the course of a week!  Although my goals have changed a bit, and my focus this year is more on letting this old body of mine heal (after a long stint of hard work and a bit of neglect).  I am now at the point of working on re-integrating healthy "normal" practices into my daily rhythms.

I regularly seek out inspiration, and hope to find some ways that I can be doing this work with others.  Here are a few items on my list

1 - Cardio work for at least 30 minutes a day.
2 - Add in Yoga/stretching and weights
3 - Healthy meals (more to come on that next week)
4 - Regular writing and work on gratitude (daily)

Where do you find inspiration for these kind of endeavors?  I hope to add some links.  And maybe by the end of the year a few reels...??? #goalsetting


  

No comments:

Post a Comment