Friday, March 14, 2014

Wisdom

I have been thinking a lot about wisdom lately.

The thought
Be Wise
sometimes it seems like an imperative - like the fate of the world is riding on my shoulders
sometimes it seems like a quiet whisper, a prayer - a call of hope to move forward
a soft nudge or a strong pull -
however it moves or sounds the one thing I have discovered is most certainly consistent about wisdom
 it does not rush.

Those thoughts bother me.  I believe them to be true - but lately I have felt very rushed - pulled in many directions.  It is no wonder to me that people have been talking more about ways to live simply...our world pulls and tugs at us - calling us to do more and at faster speeds.

Did you know that the 40 hour work week was not even a thing until 1926 when Henry Ford started giving his workers more leisure time.  And instead of having less production there was more!  Less than a century later the hours of a "productive" work week have creeped back into our lives.  And then to try to keep up with the offerings of recreation activities, and yoga, and meditation, and eating well, and  . . . no wonder we  feel rushed.

But wisdom moves slow - and maybe it would be wise for us to do the same, without shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment